The Academy of Medical Education Scholars (AMES) at the UArizona College of Medicine – Tucson invites your nominations for the 2023-2024 Teaching Awards:
The Vernon & Virginia Furrow Excellence in Teaching Awards (4 awards) and The AMES Excellence in Teaching Awards (3 awards).
The Vernon & Virginia Furrow Excellence in Teaching Awards are the primary vehicle for peer recognition of outstanding achievements in education at the College of Medicine for faculty.
Vernon and Virginia Furrow Awards:
- Excellence in Basic Science Teaching, Undergraduate Medical Curriculum
- Excellence in Clinical Science Teaching, Undergraduate Medical Curriculum
- Excellence in Graduate Medical Education
- Excellence in Innovation in Medical Education
The AMES Excellence in Teaching Awards will recognize achievements in education at the College of Medicine for early career faculty (*Eligible if 5 or less years total teaching experience at these levels combined, with at least 2 of the 5 years at UArizona). Letters of support should specifically address the nominee’s potential for growth in their teaching prowess based on peer knowledge.
- Excellence in Basic Science Teaching
- Excellence in Clinical Science Teaching of Medical Students and or Residents
- Excellence in Teaching Innovation
Please identify the category that best fits your nominee.
- The deadline for all nominations is November 13, 2023
- The primary nominator should select the category that applies to the nomination and should detail the peer observations on which the nomination is based. (Student evaluations should not be included.)
To nominate or be considered for this award, please submit the following:
- Up to two letters of support from peers may be provided. A nomination will be strengthened considerably if the primary nomination or a letter of support is provided by the faculty member’s Department Head/Block/Course/Clerkship Director. Inclusion of details and examples from faculty observations of the nominee's teaching will greatly strengthen an application.
- CV of the nominee.
Please submit nominations here: https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_80mdVJUhzMjqVMy
Contact Tara F Carr, MD, AMES Chair with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tara Carr, MD Chair of AMES
Indu Partha, MD Vice-Chair of AMES