2015 Vernon and Virginia Furrow Awards
- Excellence in Basic Science Teaching for Medical Students: Deborah Fuchs, MD
- Excellence in Graduate Student Education: Lonnie Lybarger, PhD
- Excellence in Graduate Medical Education: Julie Demetree, MD
2015 AMES Grants for Medical Education Research
- “Improving Laboratory Teaching of Histology and Histopathology in the Pre-Clinical Medical Curriculum”; Deborah A. Fuchs, MD; Paul A. St. John, PhD; Robert A. Segal, MD; David A. Elliot, PhD; Robert Herschoff, BA, MS; Helen Amerongen, PhD.
- “Novel Use of Ultrasound to Aid in Medical Student Reproductive Physical Examination Skills and Pelvic Anatomy”; Tejal M. Parikh, MD; Srikar R. Adhikaru, MD; Maria H. Czuzak, PhD; Bryna Koch, MPH; Michael Gura, MPH; Susan Ellis, EdS; Paul Gordon, MD; William Adamas-Rappaport, MD; Elizabeth O. Leko, MPH; Corinna M. Wildner, MA.
- “Incorporating Technology into Today’s Surgery Clerkship”; Rebecca K. Viscusi, MD; William Adamas-Rappaport, MD.
- “Basic Life Support in Obstetric Care”; Colleen Cagno, MD; Karyn B. Kolman, MD; Jessie M. Pettit, MD; Autumn E. Stevenson, MD.
- “Use of 3-D Models of Congenital Heart Defects to Improve Pediatric Cardiology Education”; Michael Seckeler, MD, MSc.